Uniqueness of Week
- I’m finding that meat in my meals taste better whenever I use it as a topping or a smaller portion of the meal. For example, I only ate half of the meat in the Ahi Tuna Dinner. I found that the grilled sweet peppers tasted better.
- On Saturday I went to the local farmer’s market in downtown and there were two produce sellers – neither one was USDA organic. There is a guy who sells sprouts that are organic.
- Also on Saturday I found the only USDA organic food market that’s between Sarasota and Naples – Choice’s Natural Market. They are located at 737 Tamiami Tr. S., Venice, FL 34285.
- Lowest weight of the week was 142lbs. and a BMI of 19.88 (2/14/12).
My Health in Week 4
- Stiffness continues to dominate my life right now. It prevents me from having a good sleep and makes me almost dread going to bed. However, started the chiropractic & exercise routine on Thursday.
- Started light Yoga on Sunday seems to have helped right from the start. Since the Denny roll gives me some issues, I’m alternating my routine between Yoga & Chiropractic work in the mornings. The hardest Yoga routines are the Sun Salutation (hard to bend over & touch my feet + flares up my right sacroilliatic joint / hip area) and the plank (not the routine as much as getting into the pose).
- Lentils – I had my parents soup & realized there were lentils in them…bad idea as they contain a lot of starch. When in doubt, just don’t eat any type of bean or lentil while on a No Starch Diet (NSD).
Notable Meals this Week
- Base is made of spinach. Add lime juice, pepper & Himalayan salt
- Then add in cut up zucchini, cilantro, carrots, white or red onion & red pepper.
- Add in some ground beef (not too much, about a 1/4 cup) – this is totally optional as I didn’t see this add too much to the taste.
- Top it all with mild salsa. Watch out for any processed salsas that contain starches.
Synopsis of Meal: The salsa made the meal. I probably wouldn’t add in any meat as it’s fine without it.
Shrimp Fajitas at Chilis
- 1/2 raw, 1/2 cooked alternative when going out. Make sure you ask the waitress if they carry anything raw besides the standard ingredient. I asked and got carrots.
- The taste, as expected was delicious and I would get it again.
- The shrimp version is not part of the 2 for $20, but the chicken version is. It’s a $1 more for steak.
Chicken Bruschetta Salad (Applebees)
Synopsis of Meal: Chicken was dry, but the balsamic was good. Make sure they sub out the bruschetta fried cheese – that’ll really amp up the inflammation.