Uniqueness of Week 7
- Removing Parasites with Papaya: The seeds of a Papaya removes intestinal tapeworms in your body. People have varied the intake of these seeds for 7, 23, and 30 days. Learn more about Papaya & Seeds >> | Science Abstract
20mL (.6 oz.) is what the scientific abstract used for dried papaya seeds. I’ve tried this for a few days by popping the seeds, drying them, and then adding to soups and salad (similar to peppercorns).
- Combining Food for Smoother Digestion: Did you know that some foods like melons don’t play well with other foods? If not, I suggest you sign up (it’s free) and get this food combining chart. Click on the photo below to get the overall idea. Sign up for the full explanation.
My Health in Week 7
- Sleeping with Inflammation & Pain: Continuing 1-2 Advil / ibuprofen to reduce the pain to manageable levels during sleep. I pulled my neck out again & purchased the water pillow on 2/27 to help relieve the pain while sleeping. Although it went ok for 1-2 nights, the pain still was constant, painful, and draining. On 2/29 I had my father massage my back and found a lactic acid pocket (about the size of a golf ball), applied ice & then heat to relive some of the pain. The next day I got a neck brace + a stand for my laptop so I can look more evenly at the computer while I’m working. Lastly, I am sleeping with my shoulders on the hard side of my bed (with a flat 1″ high pillow) while the soft side (lying diagonally) for my sacro joints (near the hips). I’ve seen a 50% increase in mobility and pain management. In other words, it’s working!
I’m still getting used to the bed in Naples and have been fighting more with stiffness than anything else. Sleeping is still the hardest thing to do (and I wake up a few times throughout the night), but the pain isn’t unbearable and it doesn’t take me 20 minutes to get out of bed.
- The Gut Repair I and/or the Pyloricin recommended by Joseph Family Chiropractic have seemed to help my condition. I believe these natural antibodies and immunity boosters are helping out my condition specifically because I don’t remember feeling this well after two weeks being off Enbrel.
- Travel & Endurance: On Saturday I traveled back to Naples for a week which meant a very busy Saturday (3 grocery stores, total driving 2 1/2 – 3 hours, and reorganizing / fixing the house). Although I was very tired, I was able to do this all on my own which I could not do a week ago. The next following days were less load, so pain management has been easier and I’m mainly battling against stiffness. During week 5, I’ve got two appointments for the chiropractor to help out with stiffness, my neck, and getting me back on my routine.
- Enbrel: It has been 2 weeks & 3 days since my last shot.
- My lowest weight was 142lbs. and a BMI of 19.88.
Notable Meals this Week
Dill & Lemon Tuna Salad (Food & Thought)
- Ingredients included are a dill & lemon tuna, oranges, cranberry-raisins, orange, and walnuts on a bed of spinach.
- In the future, have them add olive oil & some Himalayan salt & pepper to the spinach base.
Synopsis of Meal: Good size portion that will hold you off for a few hours. But the tuna is sold separately; thus the cost is $17. The taste of the tuna was great, but the salad was dry. I’m not sure I’d get this again.
Vegetarian No-Bean Chili
Ingredients used from the “Engine 2 Diet” by Rip Esselstyn. They include:
- sunflower oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 bay laves
- 2 red/yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 stalks cellery (chopped)
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 2 28 oz. cans of chopped tomatoes (I suggest Muir Glen Organic)
- 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste (hunts is fine)
- 1 pound of firm, sprouted tofu (non-GMO & USDA organic & is crumbled when added)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder, coriander, and Dijon Whole Grain mustard
- 3 dates soaked at least a few hours
- parsley, basil, salt & pepper
Directions: Saute onion on medium high heat in a large 7 quart dutch oven (or similar in size) with sunflower oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic, bay leaves, bell pepper, celery, carrots, jalepeno and cook addition 5 minutes on medium heat. Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste, tofu, apple, remaining seasonings, mustard, dates (without the water), parsley and basil and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
Synopsis of meal: Yes, this recipe can feed an army but soup can be frozen/refrigerated & then reheated on the stove. The taste was quite good and I would make it again.