Info for Week 11
- Tried making Brownies/Chocolate Cake with Stevia (1/2 the amount recommended) & coconut butter – dry as a bone…had to throw it away. Next time will use the Stevia full amount requested + a 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- Ordered 4/4 the Cyrex Test (array 1-4), Metametrix, and Diagnostechs (Saliva Test). Although it ran me almost $715 (normal price is around $2100), it’s going to let me know what I can & cannot eat . I also completed blood work for CBC, CMP & Sed Rate from my Rhumetologist (results next week). I’ll take the tests on Sunday & the Cyrex (blood test) this week / early next week (after submission will take 3 weeks for results).
- Still waiting on my D.O. to call me back about my other tests – cholesterol, Fruit & sugar test (glucose?), 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Test, Th1 & Th2 (Autoimmune level) tests.
– Edimame Makes Me Flare-Up: Although soybeans are one of the least-starchy beans, I made the mistake of having an entire bag of them. Either it’s too early to eat these or I just can’t eat them at all. Regardless, I had a flare-up that lasted after lunch on 4/3 & ended after breakfast on 4/4. I have a feeling that the Pyloricin may have killed off the starch-feeding bacteria.
My Health in Week 11
- Overall: I’m breaking through in week 8 after deciding to add ibuprofen when I need it. On Thursday 3/29, I went to the chiropractor and had another horrible experience with pain. Although the next day I was feeling better, I just couldn’t deal with another day of a draining and (in many cases) a non-functioning body. During a typical day, I’m taking around 4-5 pills and I believe my stomach has healed enough to allow it. I’m also taking 3 Zyflemends a day and always trying to focus on anti-inflammation foods. 4/4 went to the chiropractor with better results (2X easier than on 3/29). Sleep continues to be horrible as I wake up 1-2 times per night and I have a very hard time getting out of bed.
- Swollen ankles – Both of my ankles are now swollen (right is worse than the left). We have a theory that it is something missing in my diet and hope the tests will help out. The swelling by 4/4 has gone down, but still prevalent.
- Continuing Apex Energetics Proglyco-SP 90 (regulates hypoglycemia’s blood sugar & adrenal glands). I take 2 in the morning, 2 whenever during the day & 2 before I go to bed. I don’t get the “must go” feeling in the middle of the night & I don’t get my nightly sweats.
- On 4/2 started taking Magnesium Glucomate. The ND states it works as a muscle relaxant. It can be difficult to take with any meal because it requires 8oz. of water per serving with food (I don’t drink water when I eat).
- Enbrel: It has been 6 1/2 weeks since my last shot.
- My lowest weight was 136 lbs. and a BMI of 19.04 earlier on in the week, but have increased to 138lbs. & a BMI of 19.38.