Recipe Week – Day 5, Cookies!
You heard right, cookies! What better way to end off a week than a sweet treat? The difference between these cookies and a typical recipe are the simplicity and quality of ingredients. So the potential of a flare-up is drastically reduced as they are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes around a dozen cookies. Original Source Recipe from Cupcakes OMG!
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey (you can use slightly more or less based on your preference)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cream tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (Optional if you cannot have chocolate) 1/4 cup Enjoy Life chips (more/less if you like)
Raw Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter / manna
- 1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt (add at the end)
- 1 3/4 cup dates, pitted (easier if they have been soaked for a 1/2 day)
- (Optional) 2 1/2 Tbsp almond butter
- 6 Tbps (1/3 – 1/2 cup) raw cacao nibs (you can also sub in raisins)
In a food processor, combine butter & shredded coconut with vanilla extract and process until smooth. Add in dates and process again until sticky & smooth. (Optional) Add in the almond butter & process. Add in cacao nibs / raisins and pulse until evenly distributed in batch. Roll into balls, add salt on top of each & add to refrigerator for a few hours.
Vanilla Honey Macaroons
- 1/2 cup cashews or almonds
- 2 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Himalayan sea salt
Process almonds / cashews until sand-like texture. Add with coconut, raw honey & vanilla extract into a bowl and mix together. Mixture will be sticky so wet hands as needed and roll into balls with lots of pressure (mix can fall apart easily). Place on dehydrator and dust with salt. Dehydrate 118 or less overnight.
NOTE: You can refrigerate instead of dehydrate overnight but mixture won’t hold up as well.
Want more? Click here for more of my autoimmune food recipes.