Recipe Week – Day 2, Romesco Sauce
Romesco sauce is a great alternative sauce instead of your traditional tomato-based sauces. And since some cannot handle nightshade vegetables, this recipe works well for them. The taste has a little kick to it and the smoked paprika gives it a distinct flavor while still staying versatile in many stir fry dishes.
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped drained bottled roasted red peppers or piquillo peppers
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar glaze (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Finely grind the almonds, garlic, red pepper flakes in a food processor. Add roasted peppers, vinegar, and salt (as needed up to 1/2 tsp) and then puree, adding olive oil as it processes. Season with black pepper.
Want more? Click here for more of my autoimmune food recipes.