Uniqueness of Week
- When making a smoothie, do not add in orange peels with the oranges or too much ginger / turmeric root. The oranges make the smoothie bitter + the ginger root is too strong. The ginger root / turmeric slice should be no bigger than a 1/2″ and I usually cut my slice around a 1/4″.
- I am switching my probiotic from the Good Belly Big Shot to the Garden of Life Probiotic for Men. It has more probiotics, more strains of probiotics, and does not contain the rolled oats (which have starch) that the Good Belly does. I will start off with taking one a day and increase the dosage as my gut accepts it.
- Scientifically-Speaking: The root of Ankylosing Spondylitis’s problem is the bacterium called the Klebsiella. I just found out there is an antibiotic called Moxifloxacin that can kill most / all of it. The downfall? Although there are lots of side effects and issues, I’ll keep this as a “Plan J” kind of scenario.
- I am getting more into Iodine testing for starches which is confirming all my reading.
- Fish & mercury poisoning – The younger the fish and caught by trolling or by line usually contain much less mercury. Think about it. With all the bad “stuff” we have put in the water over the years, which fish would be most likely to keep it ingested – 100 year old grouper or a fish caught within the 1st years of it being born?
- Lowest weight of the week was 141.5lbs. and a BMI of 19.88 (2/20/12). A BMI of 18.5 is considered underweight.
My Health in Week 5
- During the day I am seeing improvements in mobility due to Yoga, walking and Chiropractic exercises, especially throughout the day. I am not following the chiropractic regiment as it tends to pull my neck out. Sleeping (especially getting in/out of bed) tends to magnify the pulled-neck issue.
- Sleeping continues to degrade by body & gets worse each day, but I’m adjusting my Sleep Number bed to low levels (25) on each side, then I tried one side harder (so I can sleep on my stomach part of the night), and rotate on all sides of my body. The result does net me a few more hours of sleep between waking up, but my sides tend to hurt & getting out of bed is the hardest thing I do in my day. On Saturday (2/18), I took 1/2 of a Naproxen along with Enbrel as I see the situation getting to the point of unbearable. I almost made it to two weeks (Tuesday would be two weeks from the last shot).
- 2/20 experienced less pain & inflammation due to the Enbrel, but developed a pulled neck. Needed to take 1 Ibuprofen and heating pads to keep the pain manageable.
Notable Meals this Week
Steamed Asparagus with Salmon-Filled Yellow Pepper
- Steamed Asparagus topped with Himalayan Sea Salt
- Yellow Bell Pepper opened at the top / stem
- Filling is a variation of my other salmon fillings. This one consists of Wild Alaskan Salmon, 1 tomato chopped, 1 carrot, cut-up spinach, whole grain mustard, mayo, 1/2 of an avocado, lemon, ground pepper, basil & rosemary.
Synopsis of Meal: Meal is quite delicious, mostly vegetables, and the filling can be used for another 2-3 days.
Godzilla Burrito at Chef Brooke’s Natural Cafe in Fort Myers
- Collard Wrap loaded with sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, and a plethora of other ingredients
- The sauce really makes the meal. It’s a sesame & tamari mix that was so good I bought some to take home. I highly recommend.
Italian Salad & Chicken Bryan at Carrabas
- This is my big treat (and my favorite chicken meal) for being on the diet for over a month. Although it was very delicious, the chicken was not as good as what I remember it to be. Will I buy it again? Oh yea…
- Because I didn’t have any bread, there wasn’t enough food for me to eat. I went over next door to Earth Origins market and ended up buying a 20-25 oz. smoothie (mango, apple juice, blueberries, kale, spinach & frozen bananas)
Salad at Subway
- Like most restaurants, Subway isn’t going to be organic, but it’s a great way to pick up something quick and healthy. Just put the base of the salad with lots of spinach & add the ingredients you want. At Subway, you can add as much as you want (that fits in the bowl). I also suggest getting oil, vinegar, pepper & a little salt as the dressing.