Unique Events for the Day: Last day for the chiropractor and found a No Starch Diet (NSD) version of hummus. Today was also a pure vegan day (soup was heated, not cooked).
Waking Up: Went to bed at 11:30 & got up at 6:20am with the moderate right leg / below buttock area of inflammation with moderate shooting pains. Back stiffness was quite moderate.
Chiropractor: Today is the last day at my Chiropractor’s office until mid-April. I will continue home rehab + exercises. Refer to My Daily Routine for more details. Head alignment machine, Pettibon / Wobble Chair, neck & lower back / spine adjusted, neck alignment for 12 minutes, Head weights 2X per day (10 min. morning & evening) + Denny roll 1X in evening (20 min.)
Morning Physical Symptom Check: My normal stiff lower & less mid-back (moderate stiffness).
•1 Cup blueberries
•1 Cup of Rainbow Swiss Chard & Spinach
•Almond Butter 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
•Bee Pollen (1 Tablespoon)
- Salad – spinach, 1/2 avocado, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, Himalayan salt, crushed pepper
- Tomato Soup with Broccoli – Salad & Tomato Soup
- 1 cup water
- 4 Campari tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or use chopped, fresh basil)
- 2 red bell peppers (cut into sections)
Filling (Blend altogether until thick & smooth)
- 1 cup soaked sunflower seeds (subbed soaked walnuts)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes (mixed capri tomatoes with cherry tomatoes)
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 small carrot (Not in recipe, I added)
- 1/2 tsp. each of cayenne powder (subbed chili pepper), paprika (didn’t have it), basil, oregano, and garlic.
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Topped with Avocado (added lemon, salt & pepper directly to it)
- (1) Kiwi fruit
- Ended with a piece of Dark Chocolate (over 80%)
Synopsis of Meal: The chili pepper has a kick, but it wasn’t too strong for me. A good combination of crunch & creamy. To break it up, you could add diced zucchini, carrots, and/or celery. The pate-like filling can be reused for many other quick meals or added to various vegetables (similar to what you would do with hummus). The filling is basically my No Starch Diet (NSD) equivalent to hummus.
Evening inflammation check: Throughout the day I had my back right thigh acting up more than usual and I’m also more tired than usual. However, this might be due to fixing things around the house & all the driving I did over the weekend. Since inflammation is most prevalent after the Denny Roll, I’m going to report on that from now on. As usual, inflammation below the right-buttock area & shooting pains in the right hip. Continued stiffness in back, but mostly tired. It’s around 10pm and I’m headed off to bed. I’m hoping for 8 hours this time.
Gas / Bloating Check: Over the last 2 days I’ve reduced my psyllium intake to 3/4 teaspoon 2X / day. I’ve noticed an increase in gas / bloating this afternoon & evening. I’ll go back to my normal dosage tomorrow.