Info for Week 10
- How to Make Quick Coconut Bread
- Wall of Nuts: On Sunday, I found a very nice Richard’s Whole Foods on University Parkway in Sarasota. It’s the largest variety of nuts, dried fruits, dried beans, and chocolate-based foods I’ve seen in Sarasota. However, Whole Foods does have more varieties of organic dried bin foods.
- Moe’s: Like Chipolte, you can opt to have a “naked” burrito (w/o the wrapped tortilla), but they’ve recently added tofu instead of the meat. So you can get a vegan meal with quality ingredients. The downside, like Chipolte, is that there’s never enough food since it’s veggie-based. Having a container of nuts in the car might help fill you up or you need to do a double order.
- List of Proteins without Meat – Soybeans, almonds, pumpkin & hemp seeds, Quinoa, & Cottage Cheese have the highest levels of protein.
- List of Calcium without Dairy – Soymilk, collard greens, tofu, OJ, and black-strap molasses are a few foods with calcium.
- Natural Cleaners (and much less toxic) – cleaning floors, sinks, stove, dishwasher detergent & all-purpose cleaner.
- Need to research Mercola’s Nutritional Typing – another way to tell what foods I’m allergic to.
My Health in Week 10
- Overall: After mentally breaking down at the beginning of week 10, things have been easier to manage than week 9. However, I still wake up 3 times a night, my back dripping with sweat and a sore back. Getting out of bed is also quite difficult. Daily life is more manageable and I get less times of exhaustion. On Saturday (3/24) I was able to take a walk and swim back-to-back – a first for me during the diet. On 3/26 I did not need to take a nap during the day – a 1st when on the diet (afternoon is the best time of the day for me currently).
- Swollen right ankle – My ankle fluctuates on the amount of swelling. I need to keep the foot elevated and on ice throughout the day. Also the left ankle is getting weaker due to all the weight I put on it as I do tasks around the house.
- Added Apex Energetics Proglyco-SP 90 (regulates hypoglycemia’s blood sugar & adrenal glands). I take 2 in the morning, 2 whenever during the day & 2 before I go to bed. Since it contains loads of B-12, I am not using my Mercola B-12 spray. So far no changes, but I’ve only taken it for a day.
- Tests: Just got a list of D.O’s today around Venice & am waiting to hear from insurance on coverage + Dr. Joseph for tests picks.
- Enbrel: It has been 5 1/2 weeks since my last shot.
- My lowest weight was 136 lbs. and a BMI of 19.07 (gained 1 1/2 lbs. day after). Others on NSD / LSD do have the same issues, but found out that coconut flour recipes can help gain the weight. I’ll be using these sparingly to gain weight (especially the more sugars in the ingredients).