During the end of the 6th week on my Ankylosing Spondylitis / Autoimmune Disease Diet (2/27/12), I went to two autoimmune treatment seminars that should help eradicate this disease and reduce my inflammation.
Autoimmune Disease Class (Joseph Family Chiropractic)
When: Monday, 2/27/12
Teacher: Dr. Jeremiah Joseph
12479 S. Access Rd
Port Charlotte, FL 33981
Phone: (941) 473-7900
Fax: (941) 473-7877
Why Does Autoimmune Disease Happen?
This can happen as early as childbirth. First, if you were not fed as a baby with breast milk, you lose powerful immune-fighting Colostrum. Another reason is if you had a C-Section and was not birthed through the normal vaginal wall that contains other immunity helpers. When a baby is born, the passage through the vaginal canal introduces the baby to billions of healthy bacteria, or microflora. It is absorbed by the gut and jump-starts a new baby`s immune system.
What Foods Decrease Your Immune System
- Milk & Dairy Products (including Cheese)
- Feta Cheese from U.S. (Cow).
- Gluten which is in all wheat products. Take allergy blood tests for any gluten-free products.
- Foods high in Iodine
Alternatives to the Food Listed Above
- Almond, rice, & hemp milk
- Goat cheese
- Almond and coconut yogurt
- Feta cheese from Europe is fine (Sheep)
Each taken once per day unless noted
- Vitamin D3 – 5,000 – 10,000 i.u.
- Magnesium Glycumate – 6-800mg
- Green Vibrance (1 Tbsp in 4 oz. water)
- Fish Oil (liquid form) – 3 Tbsp. per day
- Vitamin B12 Drops or Spray (under tongue, 900 micrograms)
- DMG – 125mg
- Probiotics – 30 – 100 billion with a minimum of 3 strains.
- Gut Repair I (Formula from Joseph Family Chiropractic – Product Photo) – Proprietary Immunoglobulin Concentrate taken as an antibody for specific bacteria like Helicobacter pylori (Discussion | Science Abstract) – 1 Tbsp in 4 oz. water
- Pyloricin (PHOTO) – 2 capsules in the morning, 2 for lunch – always with a full stomach. Attacks bacteria like Helicobacter pylori and parasites.
- Hair analysis (for heavy metal analysis) – Pros | Cons
- GABA Challenge (leaky-brain)
- Metametrix Test
- Cyrex Test
Whole Body Class – Fight Inflammation (Whole Foods, Sarasota Florida)
Teacher: Lauren Rathvon, AP, DOM
1219 East Avenue South, Suite 104
Sarasota, Florida 34239
How much curcumin is in an actual turmeric root (or culinary turmeric powder). Although the numbers vary, it’s primarily between 3-5% (some sources say as little as 0.6%, some as high as 6%). That pales in comparison to the 95% found in supplements! So, unless you REALLLLLLY like the taste of turmeric (in EVERYTHING you eat!), you may want to stick to the supplements. By supplements, I will be taking Zyflamend.
- Increase 3X the risk for ulcers and upper GI issues.
- 50% higher risk of heart disease taking Alleve 2X per day for 2 years
Anti-Inflammatory Foods: Papaya, pineapple, ginger, berries, turmeric, green tea, broccoli, avocados, sweet potatoes, salmon, & fresh produce
Agave: In some cases, contains more fructose than high fructose corn syrup.
- Turmeric (especially when paired with biopene – good & bad)
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- GLA (Borage or Evening Primrose oils)
- Enyzmes (on an empty stomach) – I use Digest Gold
- Traumeel (orally)
As with anything you take, do your own research and take supplements that will compliment your lifestyle. The good news is that are very rare (if any) issues with taking too many supplements. I’ve encountered numerous chiropractors, doctors, and other physicians taking much more than I currently do and then turn around & recommend them to the general public.
I also suggest taking the more expensive tests once you have managed your symptoms. It’s much easier to live a life of knowing which starchy foods to avoid than avoiding all starches the rest of your life. But the only way to know this is to test & experiment. The more comprehensive the test, the less likely you’ll have a flare-up when testing these foods out on your own body.