Included below is the Ankylosing Spondylitis / Autoimmune Diet Daily Health Routine I created for Six to Twelve Months. For the latest version, please visit my daily routine.
My Daily Autoimmune Diet from Five to Eleven Months
- If woken up throughout the early hours, take 1 Ibuprofen & stretch.
- I usually wake up around 4am and have 1 ibuprofen, Maine Omega-3 fish oil (3 Tsp) + Garden of Life’s RAW Probiotics™ Men with a glass of water.
- I take most of my supplements during breakfast. They include Garden of Life’s RAW Probiotics™ Men, Vitamin D3, Digest Gold digestive enzyme, Chromium Picolinate and Vitamin B-Complex.
- UPDATE 10-11th month: Vitamin D3, Acacia Fiber, and Iron Supplement along with 1-2 Ibuprofen per day.
- Breakfast consists of ground turkey, coconut oil, onion, chopped garlic, veggie (kale, spinach, swiss chard, etc.), peppers, tomatoes, ground pepper, and Himalayan sea salt.
- Chiropractic Exercise: Head weights (10 minutes) on days I’m not at the chiropractor.
Lunchtime & Afternoon:
- Before / after lunch I eat fruit with Magnesium Glucomate since I need to take with a full glass of water.
- If time permits, take a 1-2 hour nap with 1 Ibuprofen before nap.
- Take 1 Garden of Life’s RAW Probiotics™ Men & Digest Gold digestive enzyme + 1 ibuprofen with lunch. Lunch varies from soups to salads to leftovers. All of it is unprocessed whole foods.
- Afternoon I sometimes eat a variety of nuts (macadamia, walnuts, almonds, pecans, pumpkin) and dried fruit (cherries, raisins, craisins, goji berry).
Dinner & Evening:
- 1/2 hour before dinner, take a Digest Gold digestive enzyme
- Dinner before 7pm + HCL on occasion (Betaine Hydrochloride: video explanation + controls body’s Ph)
- Chiropractic Exercise: Head weights (10 minutes)
- Take 1 Ibuprofen before I go to bed.
My Daily Autoimmune Diet from Twelfth Month
UPDATE after autoimmune medical breakthrough (Dec. ’12)
- No chiropractor & mostly swimming + yoga.
- Medical treatments: Prednisone, Omeprazole, and Asacol HD. No more ibuprofen.
- Supplements: Vitamin D3, Acacia Fiber, and Iron Supplement
Overall Dietary Percentages:
• 60%-70% Organic Fruits & Vegetables
• 0-10% Nuts/Seeds
• 30-40% Fish, Chicken, and Some Red Meat
Avoid Throughout the Day:
- Starches and other foods that I’m food intolerant with.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Soda of any form
- Dairy (eat in small portions)
- All refined foods (processed by humans) sugars, modified / processed corn starch, corn syrup, dyes, etc.
- Most animal meat that is not organic in its raising.
- Alcohol or smoking.
- Table salt or sea salt. If you want to add salt, try Himalayan Sea Salt (adds minerals to diet) and a Veggie Low-Sodium salt (but be careful on how much you take due to starch levels)